A pro forma invoice is similar to an invoice, in that it includes almost exactly the same information as a normal invoice and is binding towards the final sale. The key difference is that a pro forma invoice is usually sent before a payment is made to make sure everything is in order.
In some countries or regions, it may be required that a pro forma invoice has to be sent to your customer before an official invoice is made.
With Invoice Falcon, you can create a pro forma invoice manually for orders outside your Shopify store.
Create a pro forma invoice
- Click on the ‘Pro forma invoices’ tab in the left menu bar.
- Click on ‘Create new pro forma invoice’
- This will take you to our Document Editor, where you can add your details as needed.
- After adding your details, click ‘View Document’ to generate the PDF.
- Finally, click ‘Print’ to print the invoice or ‘Send’ to send it to your customer.